Ferrocarril Central Argentino EMUs

While looking up the history of Metropolitan Vickers, I found videos, which are not mine. The first video was from a movie that was made in 1959. I did some research on these EMUs. In the first video a train of Type "C" cars built in 1931 by the Metropolitan Cammell Carriage and Wagon Company. They used MV (Metropolitan-Vickers) traction motors and equipment. The second video shows the Type Cs in action.

According to what I've been reading, these cars were refurbished during the 1980s and retired in 2002, serving over 70+ years of service. The second train in the first video is a train of Type "A" cars built in 1916 by the same company. While these cars are similar to the Type Cs, unlike the Cs, these and the Type Bs had wooden bodies.

The Type As used BTH (British Thomson-Houston) traction motors and equipment, while the Type Bs used Metropolitan-Vickers just like the Cs. The Type As and Bs were retired in 1972. Some of these cars are preserved, but some are in poor condition and to the best of my knowledge none run under their own power. Hope you guys enjoy these. 

P.S. the first video you may need to turn up the volume. If you do you can hear the sound of the Metropolitan Vickers traction motors.

Archived