The Preservation Experience: Year 3 Begins This Weekend

Greetings to all!

This weekend, the Trolley Museum of New York will begin its first Volunteer Day session this weekend in Kingston, NY. I'd like to invite you all as we resume "The Preservation Experience", now in its third year. Since September 2014, our volunteers - most of them from the New York City area - have undertaken grand projects and have made history, like the restoration of NYCTA R16 subway car 6398, the revival of ex-TA / SBK's 1943 Whitcomb diesel no. 9, and the acquisition of historic 9/11 PA-1 PATH car no. 143.

This year, we're completing some of these restoration projects and beginning brand new ones. I invite you all to attend! What are we working on this year? Check these out! We will begin restoration work on some of these historic subway cars, like:

Brooklyn - Manhattan Transit Q car no. 1602A

qcol.jpg

Interborough Rapid Transit Lo-V car 5600

maxresdefault.jpg

Independent Subway R4 car 825

17778542986_70d445100c_b.jpg

Brill Model 55 Interurban car 120

mqdefault.jpg

...and more! There are absolutely no skills or tools required to volunteer, only a desire to learn the trade and to help this museum grow. Be a part of history!

Our first all-day volunteer event begins this Saturday, April 2nd beginning at 10:00am. We are at 89 East Strand Street in Kingston, New York. We're just off Interstate 87 on exit 19. I hope to see you there!

M.F.'86

<4>

Archived