Visiting from Australia: September 2023

Hello there.

I am new to the forum. 

My partner and I will be visiting the NYC area later next month (September 2023). 

I would appreciate suggestions on good bus routes to ride - both as an enthusiast (me) and general traveller (my partner, Robyn). We are experienced international (from Australia) travellers and ride around on local public transport wherever possible - ideally away from the traditional tourist haunts.

I found a thread with answers to a similar question but it was about 10 years old.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Paul from Melbourne in Australia

22 hours ago, Paul from Australia said:

Hello there.

I am new to the forum. 

My partner and I will be visiting the NYC area later next month (September 2023). 

I would appreciate suggestions on good bus routes to ride - both as an enthusiast (me) and general traveller (my partner, Robyn). We are experienced international (from Australia) travellers and ride around on local public transport wherever possible - ideally away from the traditional tourist haunts.

I found a thread with answers to a similar question but it was about 10 years old.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Paul from Melbourne in Australia

It really Depends on where Your Going! If you want to go crosstown I would say a Select Bus Route, Another tip PLEASE Be safe In the Bronx, Dont go to Staten Island and get ready to wait awhile for some routes

Edited by Bx41 boi