No D between 62nd and Bay Parkway

Blackmanor1000

There was a fire on the 2nd floor of a Sushi restaurant on Bay 25th and 86th Street. 6-WIRE and the FDNY shut down the whole West End Line because they were afraid the whole building would come down. I also heard that because of the sub-zero temperature, the Red Cross came with some blankets. I don't know what the situation is now, but here are the service changes from the MTA website:

"Due to FDNY activity in the vicinity of Bay 25th Street and 86th Street in Brooklyn:

There is no train service between the 62nd Street Station and the Bay Parkway Station in both directions.

Selected trains are running on the line between the 36th Street Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take the free shuttle buses, making nearby station stops between the 62nd Street Station and the Bay Parkway Station.

In addition, shuttle train service is being provided between the Bay Parkway Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in and train service at this time."

EDIT: I just found this story on NY1: http://www.ny1.com/1-all-boroughs-news-content/top_stories/112890/five-die-in-three-alarm-brooklyn-fire

Archived