Brake Pressure Numbers

As you know I am creating trains for BVE. I have been getting complaints lately that the braking is incorrect on my trains. To ensure the best quality and most accurate simulations, I need the following numbers to enter into BVE:

-brake pressure when the train brake is applied in full service

-brake pressure of the Emergency brake

-brake pressure of the reservoir when it is at minimum

-brake pressure of the reservoir when it is at maximum

I need these numbers for the R32,R46,R62A,R142A and R160. Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

Thank you!

As you know I am creating trains for BVE. I have been getting complaints lately that the braking is incorrect on my trains. To ensure the best quality and most accurate simulations, I need the following numbers to enter into BVE:

-brake pressure when the train brake is applied in full service

-brake pressure of the Emergency brake

-brake pressure of the reservoir when it is at minimum

-brake pressure of the reservoir when it is at maximum

I need these numbers for the R32,R46,R62A,R142A and R160. Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

Thank you!

The third and fourth items do not exist. Either the train is charged, it is in the process of charging, or it isn't charged at all. If the air reservoirs are low, the compressors kick in to replace the lost air.

As far as the first two items:

R32, R46 and R62A:

FS: Brake Pipe 110 - Straight Air 80

EMER: 0-110

R142A and R160:

FS: Brake Pipe 130 - Straight Air 35

EMER: 0-50

The third and fourth items do not exist. Either the train is charged, it is in the process of charging, or it isn't charged at all. If the air reservoirs are low, the compressors kick in to replace the lost air.

As far as the first two items:

R32, R46 and R62A:

FS: Brake Pipe 110 - Straight Air 80

EMER: 0-110

R142A and R160:

FS: Brake Pipe 130 - Straight Air 35

EMER: 0-50

thanks! im just typing in what the train editor asks me to put in lol for the 3rd and 4th one i think it means like how low can the air pressure be before the compressor kicks in, and how much pressure does it take for the train to be fully charged (i believe its the red arrow on the brake meter)

thanks! im just typing in what the train editor asks me to put in lol for the 3rd and 4th one i think it means like how low can the air pressure be before the compressor kicks in...

That isn't measured by an in-cab pressure gauge. The compressor can kick in at any time, with any gauge readings. Sorry, but no answer exists to this question.

...and how much pressure does it take for the train to be fully charged (i believe its the red arrow on the brake meter)

The minimum pressure for the train (SMEE and R46) to be charged is 90 lbs. Brake Pipe (black needle). It's the Brake Pipe which determines whether a train is charged or not.

Archived