Armed Robber runs into Brooklyn school

m106crosstown

"Quoted from CBS NEW YORK ― Police have arrested the gunman who ran into P.S. 108 in the Cypress Hills section of Brooklyn on Wednesday afternoon.

The male suspect was found in a third-floor bathroom and had a loaded gun in his possession, police said.

The four-story elementary school on 200 Linwood Ave. was evacuated after there were reports that a man was seen running inside the school shortly before 2 p.m. carrying a handgun.

"It was a young man who had robbed a house on Fulton Street. When police sighted him they came after him, and he ran toward the school and when he ran toward the school he brandished a gun and he pointed the gun at his head and entered the school," said City Councilman Charles Barron.

All students were told to hide in their classroom before they were evacuated to Hyland Park School, located just a block further on Linwood Avenue. The school began the evacuation around dismissal time, as parents arrived to the school to pick up the students.

Many young students were seen extremely shaken up or crying as they walked down a nearby sidewalk cordoned off with police tape.

"It was really very scary," said Ashley Mojica, one of the students.

No students or teachers were injured.

Parents voiced their concerns about the need for beefed up security at the school.

"I always tell them at the PTA meeting they need to increase security in the schools. I bet you now they'll have more security, won't they?" said Faith Hardy.

P.S. 108 is a K-5 school, with 973 students."

Okay, HTF can this happen and what did he think was going to happen? I hope he stays in jail for the rest of his life.

Archived