Anyone noticed this

pjbr40

I was up in Ridgewood and taking the train home today and i noticed they add on few announcements on the pc. The Main or Bergen line got the new add on when approaching the Secaucus Station saying "attention passenger you can transfer to upper level for NorthEast Corridor, North Jersey Corridor, Raritan valley line, montclair Booton Line, Spring Valley line etc etc" that a good way to communicate to passenger since some conductors dont even bother. 

Also when i was on my home train North Jersey Coast line they add on announcement  from South Amboy to ???? saying "Please wait for the train to leave the station and the crossing gate go up. there could be another train on another track departing. this is for your own safety" I suggested this few years ago and they got it going because it disgusting how some normal commuters who couldnt wait for other train to go by. They dont realize that the train brake can leak while it sitting there. 

P.S. those add on are not exact word but at least you got the picture what the add on is. 

Interesting.  I'd be nice if MNR and the LIRR did some mroe things with their automated announcement systems (along the lines of NJTransit and the NTT's on the subway).  Something a little more than station stops and watch the gap.

But you have to be careful to not overdo it!  Too many announcments ringing in your ear the whole trip would be maddening. 

they just trying to brain wash you so you know they meant it well. Look what happen on Sea Streak accident when everyone was standing waiting to get off while it docking, while the announcement said remain seated while docking and look what happen, everyone got hurt. 

Archived