OpenBVE NYC Subway New Tech Train (NTT) Propulsion Update Packs Released (8/10/14)

Current as of 8/10/14. There are two distinct packs for release here; one for regular OpenBVE users, and another specifically for developers.

OpenBVE New York City Subway Fictional R153 With NTT Propulsion Mods (Alstom ONIX, Bombardier MITRAC 1508C, and Siemens SITRAC) Pack:

This is a sound and physics pack ONLY; I take no credit for the R153 exterior or cab, which was created by:

Original Train Programming - Blue18 (Lakiem Williams)

Original Train Sounds - Blue18 (Lakiem Williams), PuertoRican88 (Michael Garcia)

Exterior/Interior View - PuertoRican88 (Michael Garcia), Rikabs, D60HFMAN (Michael Bradshaw), Nyctrman (Randy Puello)

Train Cabs - Emil Luk (Mr. Railfan), Max Diamond (MC Hammers)

Sign animations - CT1660 (Chris Torres), Nightmare403 (Takeem Carter)

Additional Contributors - rstar (Armondo Toribio)

All sounds pulled from existing OpenBVE rolling stock; I take no credit for sound recording.

Motor sound timing and physics edit credits to me, Mike Kam (Fan Railer)

To install, simply copy and paste the folder found in the .rar file into your openBVE train folder.

This pack comes with the R153 using the R160A Alstom cab & equipped with the following propulsion:

-Alstom ONIX propulsion (R160)

-Bombardier MITRAC 1508C propulsion (R142A, R143, R188)

-Siemens SITRAC propulsion (R160B Siemens)

The trains come in 2, 4, and 8 car sets for all three propulsion sound sets.

This pack also comes with the provision to switch between new brake shoes and old brake shoes. To do this, simply go into any of the sound.cfg files of any train you want to change, and locate "Shoe = rub (old brake).wav"

All trains are set to "old brake shoes" by default. To change, just switch between:

"Shoe = rub (old brake).wav"

and

"Shoe = rub (new brake).wav"

as desired.

When switching the brake shoe sounds for the Bombardier propelled sets (from old to new), be sure to lower the brake control speed in the train.dat from 8 to 5.

When switching the brake shoe sounds for the Bombardier propelled sets (from new to old), be sure to raise the brake control speed in the train.dat from 5 to 8.

Enjoy =)

OpenBVE New York City Subway NTT Propulsion Mods (Alstom ONIX, Bombardier MITRAC 1508C, and Siemens SITRAC) Developer's Pack:

All sounds pulled from existing OpenBVE rolling stock; I take no credit for sound recording.

Motor sound timing and physics edit credits to me, Mike Kam (Fan Railer)

This pack comes with:

-Alstom ONIX propulsion (R142)

-Alstom ONIX propulsion (R160)

-Bombardier MITRAC 1508C propulsion (R142A, R143, R188)

-Siemens SITRAC propulsion (R160B Siemens)

-New and Old Brake Shoe sounds

You will find that the train.dat and sound.cfg files are already programmed and preconfigured so that you can simply drag drop into any pre-existing train that you have.

Enjoy =)

Update (8/11/14):

The links in the original post will be taken down and replaced by .7zip files, which are much smaller in size.

Regular user train pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hmk9nzucc7xcnb4/OpenBVE_Fictional_NYC_Subway_R153_Trains_with_NTT_Propulsion_Pack.7z

Developer's Motor Sound pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/78c68n1egwudati/OpenBVE_New_York_City_Subway_NTT_(R142,_R142A,_R143,_R160,_R188)_Propulsion_Developer's_Pack.7z

Archived