NYCT's Telephone Maintainer Exam # 6614 - November 2016

LivingtheDream

Hello, 

I was hoping to hear from anyone who took this exam?  It was given last November, 2016.  They mentioned that we would know our results in 9 months, but I received a letter in May stating that I should come in for processing.  Unfortunately, I was unable to make my appointment, but I was told that I would hear from them in about 2-3 months to come in for the next round of processing.  I have yet to hear from the office again and it is now December, 2017.  I was never given my test score only my list number.  

If you were lucky enough to get called in for processing and actually start employment, would you mind providing your list number as I will have some idea if they just haven't reached my number again or if they are just no longer hiring for the position?  I've called a few times, but the information provided hasn't been the most reliable.  I was able to read some information on a previous test, but it seems that your chances of getting called is almost like a lottery and not according to list number.   

They've since canceled another Telephone Maintainer Exam that was supposed to be given in the 4th Quarter of this year.  Folks take these test in the hopes of finding gainful employment, but the information that comes out of NYCT's office is sketchy at best!  These boards are sometimes the only way to get useful information.

Archived