Former Crown Coach Corporation L.A. school bus (unknown type) spotted in the Netherlands

Vistausss

Hi guys,

this afternoon I spotted a bus originally manufactured by Crown Bus Los Angeles here in Hilversum, Netherlands! I hadn't heard of said manufacturer before, so I have no idea what type of bus this is, nor what transit authority it came from, but I thought I'd share it with you so I took a few quick photos with my phone:

IMG_20180913_1519062.jpg
IMG_20180913_1519116.jpg
IMG_20180913_1519281.jpg
IMG_20180913_1519516.jpg

Because of too much glare, I couldn't get a proper interior shot but as far as I could tell, the seating looked original or was at the very least modernized before the turn of the century.

Found some more information on the website of the current owners: http://www.hetrijdendavontuur.nl/home/de-oude-bus/

Translated and slightly summarized by me, it reads:

"The Crown Clark has served as a school bus in America. It had 53 seats. On the back of the bus was a sign saying "STOP WHEN RED LIGHTS FLASH" to indicate to drivers that they should stop when the red lights flash. This particular bus was built in 1969. The bus was imported into the Netherlands so that it could feature in a movie about war ("Outside The Law"). The bus was severely damaged after being shot with guns in said movie. The bus was then bought by someone from Akkrum (Frisia) who wanted to convert into a recreational vehicle. That never happened, so it was put up for sale again. I bought it because I had fallen in love with it to realize my plans of converting an old bus into a something that can be used for events and stuff."

They also have some photos of the renovation: http://www.hetrijdendavontuur.nl/home/het-opknappen/

-------------

Still have no clue for what school this was originally built though. Does anyone know?

Archived