Track book photo contest 2020 announcement

Peter Dougherty

Hey folks,
Sorry for the delay in posting this earlier. Due to last-minute international travel and some ongoing emergency family medical stuff I wasn't able to do a full posting about the book cover photo contest for the 2020 edition until now. I sincerely apologize for the delay and the resulting short notice.

If you have any good quality photos you'd like considered for either the front or back covers of Tracks of the NYC Subway please get them in to me before midnight NYC-time next Tuesday, October 15th. As in years past, I will select 5 or 6 finalists, do up some mock covers for each one, and ask for everyone's opinion in a subsequent post. You folks are the best, and I couldn't make this all happen without your help—and some terrific photos!

Along the same lines, any ongoing track/signal construction projects, track realignments, signal renumbering projects, long-term closures, and roster notes, etc, I'd be extremely grateful if you could send the changes my way before my publishing deadline of Nov. 20th.

Thanks again,

Peter Dougherty,
Author/Publisher
front_cover.jpg

2019 Edition now available!

I forgot to add this in my original post, if you're submitting photos they should be emailed to nyctrackbook at gmail dot com, with a subject line of Photo Contest. You can submit lower-resolution images for judging, but ultimately I will need the highest quality possible if you're a finalist/winner. Shots taken with phones may or may not produce a good enough image for press work. DSLR images in RAW or JPG/PNG work the best, but so long as the image can be cropped and printed at 300dpi at 9" x 12" then it should be good to go.

Thanks in advance, and good luck to one and all!

- pjd