Revenue Equipment Maintainer(Electronics Tech) what do they do?

joesmoe

Does anybody know what this job title does and what is day to day is like?  

Last year I turned down position in this title because it was rather vague. I was again called for Pre-employment this year I'm considering going through with it, but I got a family support I don't want to make the jump from my current position if it will compromise that( IE medical insurance, ability to do OT etc.) 

Any answers would be appreciated thank you>

• 2 weeks later...

REMs in the subways maintain turnstiles and the metrocard vending machines, soon to be replaced by OMNY vending machines and the tap and go fare payment system. They are always with a collecting agent (armed), because the vending machines have cash and coins. In buses I assume they maintain the fare collection box on the bus and on the street the select bus service metro card machines. I don’t know if they get OT. All TWU local 100 employees get offered the same insurance which is excellent. tier. Sometimes they have a car to drive or they take the train. It looks stress free from the outside looking in.