ArticQuestions

buswizard

My wish was that they had more than just 155 Articulated buses in Philadelphia to go around. The only ones to regularly use them are the 6, 14, 18, 27, 33, 48, 54, 55, 60, 65, and the AM 80 runs. I think they should've added some to the suburbs. Maybe if they order New Flyer artics they will order more. I say we also need to enjoy what we have in our fleet while we have it. Since Neoplan USA is out of business, we will NEVER see those beasts again once they're retired:(

Yea, i've seen them there, but they are used on the 14.

The 130 could use them, because its actually gaining mad ridership & i don't think a 40 foot rigid bus could make some of those turns. Would really encourage people to hop it to the mall vs driving too.

- A

Yea, i've seen them there, but they are used on the 14.

The 130 could use them, because its actually gaining mad ridership & i don't think a 40 foot rigid bus could make some of those turns. Would really encourage people to hop it to the mall vs driving too.

- A

Huh? The 130 does not use artics.

I would say yes, but I don't know how that will affect SEPTA as far as money, and also, it would be easier that they stay in the depot that they are currently at, so all they need to do is go up the Turnpike to their assigned depot near Plymouth Meeting instead of getting stuck in Boulevard traffic and eating up gas

I've seen many poor OOS busses stuck in traffic all over the place.

Maybe they could get some hybrid MCI & CNG busses to replace the articulated busses & simply move them to 129 127 and 130.

- A

What on earth are you guys talking about?

The 129 is a low ridership route that uses 30ft buses. Now way in hell that would a artic be on that route. As far as I know, no one has NOT been debating on artics on suburban routes.

Only routes that would use a MCI is the 123, 124, 125. Septa tested a MCI D4500 back in 2001 or 2 for the 123, 124 and 125 but never purchased any.

Ya, its low because people think its some random bus & don't know the schedule. If there was a schedule & fares listed at each marked stop, you'd need articulated busses to handle the crowds.

Before anything though, (SEPTA) needs a massive cash infusion to get any changes to be even worth looking at. I hope obama & biden help in pushing those agendas so transit is not a joke here. :)

- A

• 2 months later...
What on earth are you guys talking about?

The 129 is a low ridership route that uses 30ft buses. Now way in hell that would a artic be on that route. As far as I know, no one has NOT been debating on artics on suburban routes.

Only routes that would use a MCI is the 123, 124, 125. Septa tested a MCI D4500 back in 2001 or 2 for the 123, 124 and 125 but never purchased any.

big contradictary statement here: Everytime I go up to City Line (via the 66 of Course) The 129 is loading a ton of passengers (well, enough for a 40 foot bus) and I have seen a couple of Filled NABI's on that route as well

Archived