A few questions regarding the Hybrid Delivery

NovaBus 5121

I know as well as many that the MTA or DOB (Whichever one) controls the hybrid delivery and how many buses are assigned or swapped to each depot. My question is this, people are saying that Flatbush is getting 3900 or 3901 to 3949 or 3950, about 50 buses. From the large thread in this forum concerning the hybrids, it states the the buses with Lithium Ion batteries will start at 3960 (Which is uncertain). If thats the case, wouldn't it make more sense to give Flatbush 60 buses of the acid batteries and the next depot on the list starts off completely with the new lithium ion batteries? Any comments, concerns and thoughts is appreciated (Yeah, I know this is the MTA, stupid as it can be sometimes).

I know as well as many that the MTA or DOB (Whichever one) controls the hybrid delivery and how many buses are assigned or swapped to each depot. My question is this, people are saying that Flatbush is getting 3900 or 3901 to 3949 or 3950, about 50 buses. From the large thread in this forum concerning the hybrids, it states the the buses with Lithium Ion batteries will start at 3960 (Which is uncertain). If thats the case, wouldn't it make more sense to give Flatbush 60 buses of the acid batteries and the next depot on the list starts off completely with the new lithium ion batteries? Any comments, concerns and thoughts is appreciated (Yeah, I know this is the MTA, stupid as it can be sometimes).

The new batteries will mean the height will be a little different where NGs might not be able to fit Flatbush Depot (it barely does right now). So like you said it does make more sense to give those 10 buses to FLA, or even to SI again.

Archived