Security concerns won't derail Obama

metsfan

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/09/obama.train/index.html

Honestly, i've been to BWI via amtrak, and uh... There isn't much along the ROW after the PA/DE border. I see famous/rich people at train stations and in trains when i'm on the platform all the time. After riding the :nec: for a decade, i can say that amtrak and all the local transit agencies have stuff pretty well under control. They don't mess around.

I believe all trains along the route that are not carrying the prez will have police or other security folks on board, as well as those robotic reconnaissance planes flying their rounds.

If you plan to be traveling anywhere involving train on the keystone corridor or other train/route that follows any part of his planned route, i suggest putting in extra time for any potential delays. Also don't forget your cameras!!!

Remember this is a very worrisome time for the local, state, and federal forces charged with keeping president elect obama safe, so do yourself and them a favor and just be patient and polite at all times when dealing with them.

I was thinking bout seeing Obama on the 17th with mi familia since none of them are coming to dc with me on the 20th, however i'm not sure how some of them might feel bout being in a crowd with all that crazy security etc.

- A

Archived