FIND System Question

ReallyACat

Apologies if this has been answered in the past. I looked for an answer but came up short.

I was riding a queens bound (F) train yesterday and noticed the (M) was omitted from its list of transfers on its FIND system at 14th St, 23rd St, 34th St, and 42nd St. Furthermore the (M), (R), and (E) transfers are omitted at 71st in Forest Hills. What's the reason for these exclusions? Thanks in advance!

Hopefully this helps, but I don't believe that transfer announcements for the (M) are needed at those stations mentioned above for the (F) as both lines share trackage from Broadway-Lafayette to 50th. As for 71 Ave, (assuming you're going to Jamaica), it would not make sense to list the (M) and (R) as transfers since that is their final stop.

Only transfer announcements at the first/final transfer point should they be worth mentioning on the FIND lists (and the strip maps) in my opinion. This also goes true for the (2), (3), (4), (5) and other sharing lines etc.

I do understand if the train is either local or express and announcing another train across the platform/elsewhere though.

Archived