Possible Redbird Museum Train?

DJ MC

I can't help but ask this. I'm hearing on other sites that there might be a redbird museum train. If this is true, which cars will be likely used?

P.S. since I came back from a wedding in Georgia I'm able to be on here longer and will avoid having a similar incident that took place on the R32 GE thread. So please be nice to each other.

Do you mean a solid 10 car train of redbirds? If so I really don't know since they have 1 or 2 redbird cars on the TOMC SMEE train. Subwayguy might be able to give you a better answer later.

Yeah a 10 car train of redbirds. Sorry if this sounded confusing.

Nope there isnt any 10 car Redbird, the cars are divided as i said above. And are not in revenue service..

But i do got a video from jan 1, 2009 of a 5 car set redbird that was heading to union port..

Yeah a 10 car train of redbirds. Sorry if this sounded confusing.

Yes that is possible to run given equipment in the system. As a matter of fact there was a "saga" that got all the railiens' pants wet last year where 6 R-36WF's, and 4 R-26/28/29's (I honestly forget which)...all painted like redbirds...made their way from Unionport, to E 180th, to Coney Island to get painted and wound up afterwards at Corona for a while. I just happened to be standing at the E 180th platform when they made that first move, when the 10 car set pulled in (Note: those 10 cars are not museum cars although they have "filled in" on museum trains in the past). Also, of course you've got a couple of the museum train cars in redbird livery, some of which run on the trips. So the equipment exists to run a solid 10 car consist of redbirds, although it's highly unlikely that will be done because part of the appeal of running the Train of Many Colors instead is the different cars, particularly the older ones that people remember riding, and of course the pre GOH R-33 WF which many of the railfans and even the crews that remember operating them enjoy.

Archived