Questions and Thoughts..

Lefferts Blvd X

Okay so ive been reading all these recent posts regarding the (M)/(V), the (W) going bye-bye, and the ongoing R44 situation to go with the R160's still finishing delivery so I had a few thoughts and questions ..

1. If the (M)/(V) combo happens, the (V) would be converted to 8 cars. So would that mean the 160's frm the (M) be enough to cover the (V)?

2. If 1 is possible, would the R46's frm the (V) be sent to the (A) or (C) that way the (C) could be extended to full length or replace the R44 (results on that pending) but would it make one or the other possible?

3. If the (W) goes bye-bye as planned, what happens to those 160's? Is it possible that lets say the (N) and (Q) become fully R160, and those extra 68's be used for the (G) (if you transfer the (G) frm Jamaica to C.I.) since the (G) would be cut to Court Sq. and the 46's from the (G) be sent to lets say Pitkin or 207 for the (A) or (C)...

4. If the R44's are determined to be retired asap what happens to those 32's nd 42's still kickin'??? do they go to the (A)/© or would they be swapped with lets say 46's frm Jamaica??? And if they do stick around .. how much longer before they would be replaced???

BTW dnt think that im tryin to start a firestorm or anything, im just intruiged by this situation and wanted to see what everyone else is thinking... Im not jus posting this to foam about hot air lol

i just want to know why is it that the (A) always have to get the older trains or the hand me downs and dont give me that crap about it is close to the barge or that is the only connect to the barge. There is no reason the (V) or® or even the (G) should get the R160 over the (A). I on a personal level prefer the R46 over the R160 but the rest of the riders deserve new trains also.I the T/O get their act together cause it is about time.

Okay so ive been reading all these recent posts regarding the (M)/(V), the (W) going bye-bye, and the ongoing R44 situation to go with the R160's still finishing delivery so I had a few thoughts and questions ..

1. If the (M)/(V) combo happens, the (V) would be converted to 8 cars. So would that mean the 160's frm the (M) be enough to cover the (V)?

2. If 1 is possible, would the R46's frm the (V) be sent to the (A) or (C) that way the (C) could be extended to full length or replace the R44 (results on that pending) but would it make one or the other possible?

3. If the (W) goes bye-bye as planned, what happens to those 160's? Is it possible that lets say the (N) and (Q) become fully R160, and those extra 68's be used for the (G) (if you transfer the (G) frm Jamaica to C.I.) since the (G) would be cut to Court Sq. and the 46's from the (G) be sent to lets say Pitkin or 207 for the (A) or (C)...

4. If the R44's are determined to be retired asap what happens to those 32's nd 42's still kickin'??? do they go to the (A)/© or would they be swapped with lets say 46's frm Jamaica??? And if they do stick around .. how much longer before they would be replaced???

BTW dnt think that im tryin to start a firestorm or anything, im just intruiged by this situation and wanted to see what everyone else is thinking... Im not jus posting this to foam about hot air lol

There were some big shots at Metropolitan the other day and some of our guys overheard the conversations. If this, in my opinion, lame brained scheme comes to pass, the reasons of which I have clearly stated on SubChat in the past and I don't feel like re-hashing it here, the new V will have 21 trains of R160's, naturally all from the ENY fleet. For the start of AM service 8 will be put in from Continental, 10 from FP Yard, 2 from midnight shuttle service, plus 1 train laid up at Met station overnight. The current fleet requirement for the M is (IIRC) 17 trains. So they need 4 extra trainsets. Eventhough V running time is currently about 41 minutes and M from Essex to Bay Pky. is about 49 minutes, more trainsets are needed since the V runs more frequently in the rush vs. the M.

All equipment assignments is pure speculation. I'm sure NYCT hasn't figured this all out yet. Has a lot to do with if the R44's will be retained or not. Once all R160's are in another 32 go to the ENY routes. They have to make a decision about reactivating the 12 R42's in storage, retaining the current 50 R42's at ENY and the remaining 250+ R32's. Again, the future of the R44's enters into the equation. There will be extra R46's available for the A/C since if/when the new V happens and all R160's are in the E/V will have R160's, the F will have R160's and a smattering of R46's, the R will have R46's and the G will have cars from CIYD (R68 or 68A or 160) once Sourt Sq. is the 24/7 terminal. Since CIYD will need more cars, R160's from Jamaica would have to be reassigned to make up for the cars needed for the G.

The bottom line is the last thing that will happen once day 1 happens of this new V, is a finalization of equipment assignments for all lines from A to Z.

There were some big shots at Metropolitan the other day and some of our guys overheard the conversations. If this, in my opinion, lame brained scheme comes to pass, the reasons of which I have clearly stated on SubChat in the past and I don't feel like re-hashing it here, the new V will have 21 trains of R160's, naturally all from the ENY fleet. For the start of AM service 8 will be put in from Continental, 10 from FP Yard, 2 from midnight shuttle service, plus 1 train laid up at Met station overnight. The current fleet requirement for the M is (IIRC) 17 trains. So they need 4 extra trainsets. Eventhough V running time is currently about 41 minutes and M from Essex to Bay Pky. is about 49 minutes, more trainsets are needed since the V runs more frequently in the rush vs. the M.

All equipment assignments is pure speculation. I'm sure NYCT hasn't figured this all out yet. Has a lot to do with if the R44's will be retained or not. Once all R160's are in another 32 go to the ENY routes. They have to make a decision about reactivating the 12 R42's in storage, retaining the current 50 R42's at ENY and the remaining 250+ R32's. Again, the future of the R44's enters into the equation. There will be extra R46's available for the A/C since if/when the new V happens and all R160's are in the E/V will have R160's, the F will have R160's and a smattering of R46's, the R will have R46's and the G will have cars from CIYD (R68 or 68A or 160) once Sourt Sq. is the 24/7 terminal. Since CIYD will need more cars, R160's from Jamaica would have to be reassigned to make up for the cars needed for the G.

The bottom line is the last thing that will happen once day 1 happens of this new V, is a finalization of equipment assignments for all lines from A to Z.

The elimination of the W will require most of those trainsets would be needed on the Q as that gets extended to Astoria. I think the W needs something like 9 trains for full service, so I would expect that 5 or 6 of them would be needed on the Q. The 3 or 4 extra trainsets could directly or indirectly go to the G.

• 1 month later...

Archived