WABC-TV Channel 7 returns to Cablevision subscribers

mark1447

cablevisionlogomed.gif

Channel 7 has returned to Cablevision's 3.1 million subscribers Sunday night.

Below is the statement issued by WABC-TV:

ABC7 and Cablevision have made significant progress and have reached an agreement in principle that recognizes the fair value of ABC7, with deal points that we expect to finalize with Cablevision. Given this movement, we're pleased to announce that ABC7 will return to Cablevision households while we work to complete our negotiations.

WABC-TV had gone off Cablevision at midnight Saturday in a dispute over re-transmission fees. After two years of negotiations, the two sides had been unable to reach an agreement.

WABC Cablevision customers in Long Island, Westchester, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and selected suburbs of Connecticut and New Jersey were impacted.

SOURCE: WABC!

March 7, 2010!

Cablevision also offers a 1 day of free Movies on Demand due to this issue as stated at Wiki:

http://ebm.optimumemail1.com/c/tag/hBLlA5xB734nGB8C13mJpT1NZkz/doc.html?t_params=

I am sure at least tens of thousands of cablevision customers and even Ch.7/ABC called in with angry comments which probably made it more urgent for both sides to reach an agreement. Not to mention the Oscars not been seen by 2-3 million people in Metro NYC area would be a disater for Disney and worried about a long term public relations nightmare of looking like a greedy company as well.B)

Also just my guess(no sources)is that political officals like Sen Chuck Schumer and high execes at the FCC got involved behind the scenes to settle this.

Sadly this game will continue. In i think August-September Time Warner Cable contract with ABC/7 in NYC also ends.

Archived