Help! Painting a R160

dmouse

So this is why I don't paint stuff myself,

anyways I was recrommended and told to use a rustoleum all purpose mettalic spray paint for the R160 model I hve. So I bought it and a hammered black paint too. Today it was nice out so I thought I'd go paint the model today. I was out for 1/2 a hour, just to realize the paint was too damn thick. It scarred the model, and I attempted to strip the paint later. Not that much luck. The paint ran down the car sides in streams. I've never had a problem with these paints.... I guess just too thick for this model.

So now the model needs to be stripped some more ( theres like a green residue in the paint on the roof like scotchbrite) and painted the correct colors for the R160...

Anyone have success painting this model? Of so help would be appreciated..

somebody was gonna charge me $40 for just a simple two colors. Crazy..

never use spray paint on a model. especially if its HO scale. and airbrush is best. for old schoolers like me, break out the trusty model paintbrush. Use flat model paints, not gloss. and to be honest, $40 seems like a lot for 2 colors, but for a model, thats a steal!

never use spray paint on a model. especially if its HO scale. and airbrush is best. for old schoolers like me, break out the trusty model paintbrush. Use flat model paints, not gloss. and to be honest, $40 seems like a lot for 2 colors, but for a model, thats a steal!

Agreed with Far Rock. When I get my HO Scale Slants I'll hit up my old high school and use an airbrush to paint them.

Archived