"H" (Rock park)Shuttle

Abba

(S)Posted: 07/13/2010 12:37PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to an AC power failure in the vicinity of the Beach 98th Street Station, there are no(S) Rockaway Park trains between the Broad Channel Station and the Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station.

As an alternate customers are advised to use nearby Q21, Q22, Q35 and Q53 bus service.

I read on Twitter its because of a transformer explosion.Does this mean it could be lasting for a while?

Update:

Posted: 07/13/2010 1:08PM

MTA Service Notice

Following an earlier incident, Rockaway Park (S) train service has resumed with residual delays.

I remember reading some things from engineering and things like that and found some things online too

-Why do Transformers Explode?

• Pressure Relief Valve inadequacy: pressure gradients developed during low impedance faults are too fast for mechanical devices

• Buchholz and Rapid Pressure Relay inefficiency: transformer electrical protections are not designed to react to sharp pressure gradients.

• Electrical Breaker opening time: the best breaker technology trips in 50 milliseconds, far too late to prevent the explosion, which occurs 10 to 50 milliseconds after the low impedance fault.

Anyway even though I don't know which is the one to blame it's going to take a while to fix.:cry:

Archived