Stationhouses

Swisnieski

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
IIRC, the in-use Annadale waiting room in the '50s had a terrazzo floor, wooden bench and glazed tile walls, with a small corner ticket window with a grill over it. The rest rooms were even useable.

That's exactly how most of them along the line are. Oakwood Heights was the same way. They used to keep the stationhouses open usually until around 3-4pm, weekdays. Last time I was in a stationhouse was probably around 2004. I used to use the one at Oakwood, then when I used to wait for the S59/S79 at Eltingville to go to work, a bunch of us would utilize the house, and keep warm in there upon the arrival of the bus(es). However, like I said, that was up until 2004. Are they locked 24/7 now?

That's exactly how most of them along the line are. Oakwood Heights was the same way. They used to keep the stationhouses open usually until around 3-4pm, weekdays. Last time I was in a stationhouse was probably around 2004. I used to use the one at Oakwood, then when I used to wait for the S59/S79 at Eltingville to go to work, a bunch of us would utilize the house, and keep warm in there upon the arrival of the bus(es). However, like I said, that was up until 2004. Are they locked 24/7 now?

They are open during the day but kept locked during off-hours.

Archived