Help-MSTS and Trainz 2006

I'm here today on behalf of the Microsoft Train Simulator Game and the Trainz 2006 game. First of all, I would like to start with help for MSTS.

I downloaded the Fictional Subway Routes availible for MSTS and everything needed to run the route (including structures, X-Tracks, ect.). However, when I run the route, an error message pops up saying something about the consists or something that's messed up. I know I'm doing something wrong extracting the CONSISTS files, so can someone please tell me how to extract trains into MSTS?

Trainz 2006-How do you extract routes into Trainz and also, is there a website for (MTA) add-ons and (MTA) Trains for the game?

I'm here today on behalf of the Microsoft Train Simulator Game and the Trainz 2006 game. First of all, I would like to start with help for MSTS.

I downloaded the Fictional Subway Routes availible for MSTS and everything needed to run the route (including structures, X-Tracks, ect.). However, when I run the route, an error message pops up saying something about the consists or something that's messed up. I know I'm doing something wrong extracting the CONSISTS files, so can someone please tell me how to extract trains into MSTS?

Trainz 2006-How do you extract routes into Trainz and also, is there a website for (MTA) add-ons and (MTA) Trains for the game?

First off, can you tell me how you are extracting the Trains and The CON files into MSTS? And as for MTA downloads in trainz06, there is not much. You would be better off buying Trainz Classics, becuase that has MTA's Harlem line along with some very nice trains, like the M7 and some shoreliner cars.:D(NJT)

sure thing NJTransit. In MSTS, there are 2 folders under the folder named trains. The 2 subfolders are called trainsets and consists. For example, I'll use the Lo-Voltage cars. I extract it and then look in the folder for the CON file. I drag the CON file into the consist folder under trains and then I drag the rest of the train folder into trainsets.

Also, whenever I run MSTS, it gives me an error after that loading screen saying something in CONSISTS is missing or something and then MSTS crashes and says, MSTS has encountered a problem, we apologize for blah blah blah.

I sure hope Trainz 2006 is easier than MSTS...

Thats Very odd that that happens. One other thing that I can think of is to try and make a consist yourself and see how that works out. If you don know how to do that, I can send you a tutorial on it, and yes Trainz06 is much easier.:D(NJT)

If you have any other problems, let me know, I know a few people that can help you out.:P

Archived