Dino De Laurentis dies.

metsfan

Dino De Laurentiis, who produced more than 160 films and was nominated for Oscars 35 times, has died at age 91, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

t1main.dino.gi.jpg

De Laurentiis won the Academy Award for best foreign-language film for 1954's "La Strada," directed by fellow Italian Federico Fellini, according to imdb.com.

He produced the Jane Fonda cult classic "Barbarella" in 1968 and moved to the United States shortly after, according to Digital Spy.

He had a reputation for backing big-budget bombs, but he made good movies too. Among his credits are "Serpico," "Three Days of the Condor," "Flash Gordon," "Dune" and the 1976 remake of "King Kong."

He did not produce "The Silence of the Lambs" in 1991 but did take charge of "Hannibal" and "Hannibal Rising," according to DigitalSpy.

He was the grandfather of celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/11/movie-producer-dino-de-laurentiis-dies/?hpt=T2

--------------------------------------------------

His influence has shaped modern cinema, i for one am a big fan of his work.

- A

Dino De Laurentiis, who produced more than 160 films and was nominated for Oscars 35 times, has died at age 91, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

t1main.dino.gi.jpg

De Laurentiis won the Academy Award for best foreign-language film for 1954's "La Strada," directed by fellow Italian Federico Fellini, according to imdb.com.

He produced the Jane Fonda cult classic "Barbarella" in 1968 and moved to the United States shortly after, according to Digital Spy.

He had a reputation for backing big-budget bombs, but he made good movies too. Among his credits are "Serpico," "Three Days of the Condor," "Flash Gordon," "Dune" and the 1976 remake of "King Kong."

He did not produce "The Silence of the Lambs" in 1991 but did take charge of "Hannibal" and "Hannibal Rising," according to DigitalSpy.

He was the grandfather of celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/11/movie-producer-dino-de-laurentiis-dies/?hpt=T2

--------------------------------------------------

His influence has shaped modern cinema, i for one am a big fan of his work.

- A

Too bad to most American movie fans, he been overshadowed by first Cecil B. Demille (1956's "The Ten Commandents, etc.) and later Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and other great Producer/Directors in the last decades of the 20th Century. I only heard of Laurentis because of the 'Hannibal' series and also my older sister and brother are hard core Movie fans.

Still RIP to a Lengedary Hollywood Filmaker.

Archived