Replacement Metrocards To Be Offered Online... Finally

Via Garibaldi 8

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beats/transit/130340/report--replacement-metrocards-to-be-offered-online/

This has been long overdue... I don't have the Metrocard problem too often since they seem to upkeep the machines pretty well on the express buses, but when I have I've done the following since I always pay with a credit card and keep my receipts from the machines:

-Dispute the charge with the bank/credit card company and get refunded the next day or the same day rather than waiting months for a new card and small checks for $5... LOL

-Call the Metrocard number and just say that my card was lost. You'll lose one day off of your card if you have an Unlimited card like I do depending on when you report the card lost, BUT you'll get the money back in a few days. You're allowed to do this once a year without being charged a "processing fee".

I just find it insane to wait months to be reimbursed and put out for another card and I refuse to do it. It happened to me once where I bought two Unlimited Express Bus Plus cards on Thursday for the next two weeks so that I didn't have to worry about a card again for a while, since my current one was expiring the next day. I went to use the new card on Saturday and the damn card came up with a read error. I was beyond pissed.

Archived