Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Takuma Ishizeki

Any info on automated stop annunciation systems on MTA NYC Transit?

From what I know right now, three buses have or had the automated announcements and customer information display (two are from CleverDevices (on Nova Bus RTS-06 (or T8O-206) Bus #9624 and Orion 07.501 CNG Bus #7560 (I know that systems on #7560 is removed from what I can see)), and one from Siemens (on New Flyer D60HF bus #5617)). What I would like to know is the current info of these stop-annunciation systems on the buses in the entire NYCT Bus system. Anyone got any info on that?:confused:

Oh:eek:, and are those systems on #5617 really come from Siemens? It currently belongs to 126th St. Depot now and all buses (or most, if I ain't correct) in this depot are equipped with Siemens AVL/Radio System.

I saw the stop-annunciation system from Siemens on New Flyer D60HF Bus 5622, so that will be the addition to D60HF Bus with Bus 5617. Once again, please tell me any info on the stop-annunciation system within the entire MTA NYC Transit Bus System if you can.