FL-9 Question

jay.rosenthal

A few weeks ago, I saw three FL-9 locomotives sitting in the New Haven yard in pristine condition. Are any of them still used on work trains, or are they just eye candy for the New Haven yard workers? If they aren't currently doing anything, what is MNCR and CDOT's plan for them?

Some of them work, and some don't, but they aren't used. Some of them have been given to rail museums such as Danbury Railway Museum (doesn't work but could0 and Naugatack Railroad Museum, which has one that runs and works.

I know about the ones donated to the Naugatuck museum and the Danbury Railway Museum. I also know of the Amtrak ones in Maine and New Jersey. The FL-9's I'm talking about were residing in the New Haven Yard as of three weeks ago. As I went by, I counted three of them, but there could be more, I'm not entirely sure. What I want to know is what the status of those locomotives is and what MNCR/CDOT intend to do with them. Anyone know?

I know you're new, so I'm gonna go easy. they're being stuck in a corner and left there to fall to bits, because that's what CDOT and the MTA keep doing to New Haven line equipment.

No, that's what former Governor and convicted charlatan John G. Rowland kept doing to the New Haven Line equipment, as well as the obnoxious and self-centered riders who feel that their fare entitles them to leave their shit and clutter all over the seat, floor and in the toilet booth, the same people who complain about the service and how beat up the cars are while they only further the abuse.

At this point, I hope that the M8's NEVER enter service, because I'd like to see how long those who know nothing about Metro-North and CDOT sit in front of the computer and just type and cry and pray that their next ride is on a new consist. I'll say it right here and now, because I'm tired of loudmouthed know-nothings who have all of the goddamn answers, but none of the solutions:

If you feel that you can manage, supervise, dispatch, maintain, operate, engineer, conduct, repair and rehab a commuter railroad service better than the largest provider in the country in terms of ridership (yes, Metro-North has surpassed the LIRR), then by all means, get off of this site and get things moving. Otherwise, stop complaining. It's great if you're looking forward to the M8's entering service or you enjoy touring the system to take pictures and visit different locales; I'm all for having hobbies and having fun. However, some of the biggest critics who all but openly announce that they know everything don't even commute via Metro-North, and therefore, shouldn't be complaining, casting judgment and pointing fingers.

I know that you're presumptuous and a chronic whiner, so I'm going to go easy:

Just shut up.

Archived