Summer 2011 Fantasy Map - Part II

Tokkemon

I've not had much problem using Paint. I've tried Inkscape but just can't get my head around it. I'll take your advice and check out EBay.

dk

Inkscape is a different world than Paint because its a vector graphics editor. My map was done in a quasi-hybrid fashion. In order to get the map, landscape, streets, existing lines, etc. I traced them over a Raster image of the city (USGS maps) in GIMP, them imported the paths into Inkscape, then made them look like lines and bullets and shadings or what-have-you rather than just data points.

I've not had much problem using Paint. I've tried Inkscape but just can't get my head around it. I'll take your advice and check out EBay.

dk

Inkscape is a different world than Paint because its a vector graphics editor. My map was done in a quasi-hybrid fashion. In order to get the map, landscape, streets, existing lines, etc. I traced them over a Raster image of the city (USGS maps) in GIMP, them imported the paths into Inkscape, then made them look like lines and bullets and shadings or what-have-you rather than just data points.

Archived