Summer 2011 Fantasy Map - Part II

Tokkemon

Okay kids, here it is: Part II of the Summer Fantasy Map.

I've completely redone the map in a vector format so rasterisation need not apply. Please note that I haven't fixed smaller stuff like park names colliding with stuff. Do forgive how crowded Lower Manhattan is; 'tis the nature of the place.

See the attached PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?eiafwyngli8eab1

All comments welcome!

Service Guide

(A) - 8 Ave Exp from Inwood to Rockaways (Round-robin service in Rockaways eliminates Rockaway S)

(B) - 6 Ave Exp from Gun Hill Rd to Brighton Line

(C) - 8 Ave Lcl from Boston Rd to Liberty Ave Line

(D) - 6 Ave Exp/Lcl to West End Line

(E) - Queens Blvd Exp from JFK to Manhattan

(F) - Queens Blvd Exp/Lcl from Jamaica to Culver Line via 6 Ave Lcl

(G) - Crostown from LIC to Bay Ridge

( H ) - Crosstown from LGA to Sheepshead Bay(ish)

(J) - Nassau St Exp from Manhattan to Green Acres Mall via Jamaica Line

( K ) - Nassau St Lcl from Manhattan to Belmont Park via Jamaica Line

(L) - 14 St Lcl from Chelsea Piers to Sheepshead Bay via Canarsie

( M ) - 14 St Lcl from Chelsea Piers to Jamiaca via Metropolitan Ave

(N) - Broadway Exp from LGA/Astoria to Sea Beach Line

( P ) - Broadway Exp from LGA to Staten Island West Line

(Q) - Broadway Lcl from LGA to Brighton Line

(R) - Broadway Lcl from Forest Hills to Bay Ridge

(S) - Times Sq - Grand Central Shuttle

(T) - 2 Ave Exp from Gun Hill Rd to JFK via Fulton Line

( U ) - 2 Ave Lcl from Boston Rd to Lower Manhattan

(V) - 6 Ave Lcl from Myrtle Ave to Northern Blvd (a hybrid of the old V and M services with the new line added)

( W ) - Woodhaven Blvd Lcl from Howard Beach to LGA

( X ) - 5 Ave Lcl from SIRT to Astoria Blvd via 125 St

( Y ) - 9 Ave Exp from Myrtle Ave to Union Tpke

( Z ) - 9 Ave Lcl from Red Hook to Union Tpke

(1) - Broadway/7 Ave Lcl from Van Cordlandt Pk to South Ferry

(2) - 7 Ave Exp from Woodlawn to Sheepshead Bay via Nostrand Ave Line

(3) - 7 Ave Exp from Harlem to Kings Plaza via Nostrand Ave/Flatbush Ave Line

(4) - Lexington Ave Exp from Eastchester to Kings Plaza via Jerome Ave Line and Utica Ave Line

<4> - Jerome Ave Line Rush Hour Express

(5) - Lexington Ave Exp from Eastchester to Howard Beach via Dyre Ave Line and Livonia Ave/Linden Blvd

(6) - Lexginton Ave Lcl from Pelham Bay Park to Lower Manhattan

<6> - Pelham Bay Line Rush Hour Express

(7) - 42 St Exp from College Point to Lower Manhattan

( 8 ) - 42 St Lcl from Bayside to Lower Manhattan

( 9 ) - 42 St Exp from Long Island Expressway Super-Express to Chelsea Piers

(10) - West Side Lcl from Throgs Neck to Chelsea Piers

On the Y/Z, the stop on 86th called "Ave A" should be "York Ave." Avenue A is downtown, but when it starts again uptown it's York Avenue. Also, a stop on York Avenue will NOT work because it's all residential there and we do not want a subway stop right there and having a huge mess of people coming up. NIMBYism will halt that stop in its tracks before construction even starts.

But really good map!

Okay kids, here it is: Part II of the Summer Fantasy Map.

I've completely redone the map in a vector format so rasterisation need not apply. Please note that I haven't fixed smaller stuff like park names colliding with stuff. Do forgive how crowded Lower Manhattan is; 'tis the nature of the place.

See the attached PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?eiafwyngli8eab1

All comments welcome!

WOW! An excellent piece of work. #iamsojealous

deek

Nice work dude. Awesome map. Just one problem, no service to Orchard Beach nor City Island???

Nope. The Beach is in a park and obviously wouldn't be open 24/7. The train goes as far as Pelham Bay Park. From there, perhaps there would be a summer shuttle. As for City Island, its the size of a small town. It would be more trouble to bore then tunnel there than its worth.

Well here's my suggestions:

There really should be a connection the the Broadway line from the 2nd Avenue Subway. Also there should be an express stop (I say 79th because lex has 86th) because you don't need to go all the way from 125th to 50th.

Also, the 10 train terminates at such an awkward spot, I think that it should run all the way down to South Ferry. Riders going to/from the West Side shouldn't have to transfer at 23rd Street.

:P

@ Gorgor I think 86 Street is an Express stop because if you look under 86 St 2 Av in the map, it says 'T-U-Z'.

@ Tokkemon I think you either forgot to make the express bullet or you accidentally put a T in it.

Ah, you're right. I'm torn between providing express directly from 125 to 50 like on CPW, or adding 86 St. I think the latter makes more sense on the East Side.

I was using Paint for my fantasy map, but I think yours on Inkscape looks better. I am running out of room using paint and will transfer the info or simply redraw it. E-bay has a lot of books on sale for the Inkscape novice. The thing that I like most about your map is the liberal spacing between lines while maintaining geographical correctness.

I was using Paint for my fantasy map, but I think yours on Inkscape looks better. I am running out of room using paint and will transfer the info or simply redraw it. E-bay has a lot of books on sale for the Inkscape novice. The thing that I like most about your map is the liberal spacing between lines while maintaining geographical correctness.

I've not had much problem using Paint. I've tried Inkscape but just can't get my head around it. I'll take your advice and check out EBay.

dk

Archived