Ticket on Northeast Corridor to De

pjbr40

My folks is going to Delaware by car and i want to go as well. At the same time my friend need me in the morning to help him get somewhere and probably won't be back in time to meet up and go. I am setting up all the back up plan. My plan is to catch Amtrak from NY Penn to Delaware. i check schedule and prices to see if this logical or not. Now my main concern is can i buy the ticket on the spot or need at least 24 hours in advance? The time frame i am trying to catch Amtrak if i need to will be somewhere between 830am and 10 am. It depend what time my friend need to be in the city by and he dosent know about it till Monday night. On Tuesday, I will have a better planning of timing on this because I am not taking Amtrak till Wednesday if necessary. All help is appreciated.

Plus waiting til the last minute is almost always a bad idea; Murphy's Law seems to creep up just when you're getting that ticket and there's a line, then a malfunction, then something else, while the clock painfully ticks away.

Archived