Police Investigation at Borough Hall

R160

Anyone know what happened here?

I left school at 5:35 and walked to the (4)(5) at Borough Hall. Before I started going down the stairs a bunch of police, firemen, and EMT's showed up. There was a (4) train on the south-bound track with only the first 2 cars in the station and everyone was exiting. My uptown train pulled in very slowly.

It went slow all the way to 14th Street and there were (4)/(5) trains out of service at Bowling Green, Wall St. and Brooklyn Bridge with no one on them.

My friend just posted a status update about it and my other friend said someone has hit...I hope that isn't true but man were the trains packed (and slow).

I'm not sure myself. I heard about it, arriving actually about the same time at 125 St and Lex on a Crown Hts-bound (4) to transfer to an uptown (6) and I hear this announcement that due to that police investigation [at Borough Hall], there is no (6) train service in both directions (in actuality, a (6) arrived within 7 minutes). I thought I heard wrong until it mentioned taking the (5) to 3 Av and transferring to the Bx4. Now idk what happened, and why it caused a "suspension" in (6) service o_O. If somebody knows, please enlighten me (and the O.P.).

Well just in case you still haven't heard, it was a 12-9 although I've heard two different stories. The first was that a woman was walking between cars and slipped. The second was that she slipped off the platform.

The second seems more likely at this point from what I saw yesterday and what I've read today. Either way, :tdown:

Archived