Ideas to improve LIRR scehdules

N4 Via Merrick Rd

But what would replace ENY? The area is already underserved by subway so if you also remove the train station people don't have much access to public transport anymore.

I'm not saying to close the station I'm saying to remove it from the suburban branch timetables.

I never said to remove Atlantic Terminal, I said to remove the intermediate stops (FH, KG, NSA, ENY)

As to the "unnecessary connections", a good example of this would be 154 and 1154 on the Babylon Branch. (17:23 dp ATL)

Okay, understood, but "commuter-towns" such as Forest Hills and Kew Gardens see much much much more commuters than you'd typically expect, I see literally at least 10 people get on and off on a typical day (both directions), and by removing these timepoints, it wouldn't be good. If you stand in Station Square in Forest Hills, you literally can see people flooding down the stairs during PM Peak, not to mention AM Peak, near-packed station, even people travelling to points east. So these time points staying there help relieve crowding on the QBL and Express Buses, even the highways, in some senses too. It's not worth it removing these timepoints and putting it in the City Zone Timetable which people might not always use (certainly not me). So I don't think it's a good idea for Forest Hills and Kew Gardens, though I've only been to Norstand 4x (2x during peak hour) and ENY 1x (during peak hour), I only see people use Norstand a bit more, only 1-3 at ENY over a 1 hour period.

Archived