Service Alerts!

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:7/21/2008 9:09:59 AM

Due to a smoke condition at the Bowling Green Station, there are no Woodlawn-bound (4) trains between the Atlantic Avenue Station and the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station.

Eastchester-bound (5) trains are running on the (2) line between the Nevins Street Station and the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station.

As an alternate customers are advised to transfer at the Atlantic Avenue Station to (M), (N) or (R) trains for service to lower Manhattan.

Also, due to ongoing signal problems on the express track at the 66th Street-Lincoln Center Station, Brooklyn College-bound (2) trains and New Lots Avenue-bound (3) trains are running with delays.

In addition, due to signal problems at the Broad Channel Station, Inwood-bound (A) trains are running with delays.

Please expect delays in (2) ,(3) ,(4) , (5) and (A) train service at this time

This is my service alert, here's the story.

I work at the A.G.'s office in the Equitable Building, which means I get off at Wall St on the 4/5. Well, today, I was late (I was going to get there on time, but to me, that's late). I had to keep turning back, and I missed my 5 train from New Lots. Well, when I got to Utica on my 3 train, there was an R62 4 train across the platform. I'm thinking it was my lucky day. We speeded through the Eastern Pkwy EXP & the Joralemon tunnels. We get to Bowling Green, I'm listening to some good music, and we wait a minute. And, woosh!, smoke fills the entire platform. Everyone runs out the train, I follow them. I am not good with smoke, so my next instinct is to run before I start to feel faint. I do, but through everyone else who seems to be moving at a leisurely pace for some reason. It's like, I know I would have a problem moving at that pace, so I had to keep moving. I get out the station and make sure I'm ok by taking a breath in the park nearby. The fire trucks run down Broadway & I walk to the Equitable Building. I'm doing fine for now, though.

Due to signal problems at the 190th Street Station, there is no (A) train service in both directions between the Inwood-207th Street Station and the 168th Street Station.

Please expect delays in service on the a trains at this time.

Inwood bound (A) trains aren't going to Inwood after all. What a hectic day today. Must be a hot and smoky day.

Due to signal problems at the 190th Street Station, there is no (A) train service in both directions between the Inwood-207th Street Station and the 168th Street Station.

Please expect delays in service on the a trains at this time.

Inwood bound (A) trains aren't going to Inwood after all. What a hectic day today. Must be a hot and smoky day.

Umm, Yeah, It WAS a hot day. It was about 90-95.

Archived