3rd party apps start to show Real-Time countdown data for IRT lines*

itmaybeokay

lYCp9.pngfgLzd.png7hrjU.png

*except the (7), mind you

Last week the MTA released their Subway Time app, which for the first time allowed the countdown clocks on the A-div to be seen outside stations. The app proved very useful, yet poorly designed.

The much nicer-designed NextStop app now carries this same data. It integrates it into it's schedule-based countdown clocks with a nice little indicator light system that shows Green for real-time, Orange for estimated from stale realtime data (useful underground), and Gray for estimated based on schedule data.

The app costs $2, and is pretty good as far as subway apps go, although personally I feel iTrans NYC is head and shoulders better, and according to the Dev, he's working on integrating real time data as well.

Nonetheless, if you already have NextStop or feel like a new subway app, it's definitely worth the update, and now possibly worth the purchase.

http://brooklynappfa...ducts/nextstop/

Can any of these apps be used for Androids? Also can we view the full desktop versions of these on our smartphones? I HATE using those dumb mobile versions. I mean it's a smartphone so the idea is to enjoy the full capabilities of the phone... <_< I hope the Subway Time team is reading this...

Usually there is a "full site" link to view the desktop version, I know there is on the MTA site but I don't know if it works for subway time

I don't have an android to test if it's decent at all, but there is an android clone of subway time here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geekadoo.mta.subwaytimeforandroid

Yeah Subway Time and Bus Time both have the same problem with the Desktop version... No scrollbar in the drop down menu area... <_< Other than that they work fine, but that one thing that it doesn't have makes Subway Time non-usable in the desktop version. I can however get around that problem when I use Bus Time though.

Archived