Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
metsfan

LIRR incident!!

"Ronkonkoma Branch Customers

LIRR train service between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma is now operating on or close to schedule. Service was suspended earlier after a person who was not authorized to be on the tracks was struck by a train in the vicinity of Central Islip. "

- Andy

The creepy thing about this, is that this branch sees most of the incidents on the LIRR. Bethpage is #1 in fatalities i believe. One week, and i didn't know till weeks later, is that a woman was killed at the bethpage crossing like 3 days before my last stint at the motel there. Kinda weirded me out.

- Andy

"Ronkonkoma Branch Customers

LIRR train service between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma is now operating on or close to schedule. Service was suspended earlier after a person who was not authorized to be on the tracks was struck by a train in the vicinity of Central Islip. "

- Andy

there is always somebody or something getting hit by a train in Central Islip, i remember back in 2001 or 2002, a tractor trailer was struck on the Lowell Ave crossing. we had to take a diffrent way to school, because of it.

I guess there's not enough security near these Long Island Railroad tracks... B)

In some areas the ROW passes by several streets or an intersection near stations.

- Andy

I guess there's not enough security near these Long Island Railroad tracks... :)

yeah, very little, from what i've seen