LIRR incident!!

metsfan

"Ronkonkoma Branch Customers

LIRR train service between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma is now operating on or close to schedule. Service was suspended earlier after a person who was not authorized to be on the tracks was struck by a train in the vicinity of Central Islip. "

- Andy

The creepy thing about this, is that this branch sees most of the incidents on the LIRR. Bethpage is #1 in fatalities i believe. One week, and i didn't know till weeks later, is that a woman was killed at the bethpage crossing like 3 days before my last stint at the motel there. Kinda weirded me out.

- Andy

"Ronkonkoma Branch Customers

LIRR train service between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma is now operating on or close to schedule. Service was suspended earlier after a person who was not authorized to be on the tracks was struck by a train in the vicinity of Central Islip. "

- Andy

there is always somebody or something getting hit by a train in Central Islip, i remember back in 2001 or 2002, a tractor trailer was struck on the Lowell Ave crossing. we had to take a diffrent way to school, because of it.

Archived