Locomotive age

metsfan

I was wondering if someone could give me a number by number list of locomotives for (NJT) from youngest to oldest, with a section for rebuilt units and a section for EMU. I've been thinking i'd get some of the older stuff on camera before they are retired when they are at newark and hoboken or MMC. Thanks for any help with this.

- Andy

Hello,

The locomotives I recommend that you photograph first the NJ Transit GP40PH-2 locomotives #4100-4112 as these are the oldest NJ Transit Diesel locomotives on the roster. They were built in 1968 for the Central Railroad of New Jersey. The next oldest locomotives are the GP40FH-2 locomotives. All the 4100 series NJ Transit diesel locomotives are based out of Hoboken Terminal.

Eric

Hello,

The locomotives I recommend that you photograph first the NJ Transit GP40PH-2 locomotives #4100-4112 as these are the oldest NJ Transit Diesel locomotives on the roster. They were built in 1968 for the Central Railroad of New Jersey. The next oldest locomotives are the GP40FH-2 locomotives. All the 4100 series NJ Transit diesel locomotives are based out of Hoboken Terminal.

Eric

Awesome, thank you. I need to head up that way ASAP. Are they going to be replacing those engines with the PL40AC when the time comes?

- Andy

Awesome, thank you. I need to head up that way ASAP. Are they going to be replacing those engines with the PL40AC when the time comes?

- Andy

The PL42AC locomotives were specifically purchased to eventually phase out the CNJ GP40PH-2 locomotives.

Eric

The PL42AC locomotives were specifically purchased to eventually phase out the CNJ GP40PH-2 locomotives.

Eric

Ok, if you can keep me posted on when they will be taken out of service i'd appreciate that so i know how much time i have to work with. I want to get some startup & acceleration vids as well as the photos.

- Andy

Archived