Muni Hybrid Bus Feted at Press Conference Immediately Conks Out

Turbo19

MuniDStevenson-thumb-300x225.jpg

It's traditional to christen a ship with a bottle of champagne. Not so with a Muni bus. Smashing bottles is a no-no, as is foamy, yellow liquid on the amenities.

Our city family today announced the introduction of 62 new biodiesel-electric hybrid buses, touting the graffiti-resistant surfaces and ease with which unwelcome moisture could be wiped away. You gotta admit, it's a handsome bus.

Then everyone loaded into the vehicle for a ride to City Hall. And, wouldn't you know it, the sucker didn't start.

Read More: Source

Great, I assume electrical problems continue to adversely affect the Xcelsior model. A quick fix has been made but this isn't a good start at all.

That's never a good sign when the bus malfunctions in this situation here, although to be fair the bus is new, so problems will take place. I give it a few more months or so and then they will run better.

As is evidenced previously at other TA's it's likely just an electrical problem. Personally I'm more worried about the long term than anything else.

On a side note, I think I should take the 'hound up there, just to check things out. Maybe in a month or two?

As is evidenced previously at other TA's it's likely just an electrical problem. Personally I'm more worried about the long term than anything else.

On a side note, I think I should take the 'hound up there, just to check things out. Maybe in a month or two?

If you have the time and money to do so, go for it. Everyone needs a vacation once in a while.

Archived