Bus operator vs conductor

bfediuk1224

Hey guys, haven't posted here in awhile. Been working as a bus operator, and I just recieved a letter to start the hiring process as a conductor and I have a few questions. Would I be able to go for this position concidering I'm still going through the process of probation of b/o? And which position is the better one to start my career with? Any help would help. Thank you in advance.

Would I be able to go for this position concidering I'm still going through the process of probation of b/o? And which position is the better one to start my career with?

You can, but you'd have to resign your position as a B/O and they will not hold a spot for you if you decide that being a conductor is not your thing. Which is better? What are your goals? A bus operator can promote to train operator and that's it as far as bus-to-subway "promotions". Looking for money? Stay a B/O. From what I've read  on this site, you will make more w/ OT than a C/R ever will.

I agree with Tricknologist cause I think u start off making more money as B/O then a C/R. I'm from exam # 8094 which was for a C/R position but I took the BOSS survey and I'm getting line training now. When they send for me to go to Livingston for C/R The answer will be NO. Lol. I'm happy with the B/O position and I like being on top of the ground instead of under it. I'm also 10 minutes away from my depot. What more could I ask 4 but to get through the 1yr probation. GOD is GOOD!!!

Archived