MTA blunders

Via Garibaldi 8

The thing is, with the tolls from Brooklyn to Queens, as well as the traffic (and parking at Yankee Stadium is expensive; the parking lots they built as part of the new Yankee stadium are barely half full during games), there's a very strong financial incentive not to take the car to the game. As for parking in the South Bronx, the neighborhood may be gentrifying very slowly, but it's still got quite a ways to go, and you've got a fair portion of Long Islanders who think that the city outside of Manhattan between 34th and 59th is a crime-ridden wasteland. It's not a majority (hopefully), but this fear still exists, even in the young people I've met from Westchester and Long Island (this attitude is not as prevalent in New Jersey residents, for whatever reason).

I don't imagine that the travel market from Nassau to Yankee Stadium is very big anyways, since from Eastern Queens it's already a half hour in what passes for good traffic in this city.

And that's precisely why some would drive over using public transit... It's not like Long Islanders are poor, so even with the parking prices they'd still park.  A good friend of mine gets Yankees tickets (good ones two near the field) and when he took me he sure as hell parked in the lot and he lives in New Jersey.  I do agree that the prices are high (cup of wine - a small one at that and nothing really fancy was like $10.00 and I was done in two sips <_<).  They also offered to take orders where we sat at and bring all of your food to you which we tried just for the hell of it.  Kind of like having a waiter at your every call, but it got old eventually and I got my own food since I wanted to explore the stadium a bit.  The point is they're targeting folks with money there anyway, so many people will drive there because they're too afraid to go by public transit. Unfortunately I had to because I was invited last minute and was coming from my office so I took the (D) up there... Was the first time I had been in the Bronx and me and bunch of other folks heading to the game were clearly disturbed. We hauled off the train and to the stadium.  Coming back my friend dropped me in the city by the express bus.

To hopefully put an end to this once and for all:

lze6jTt.jpg

Yes, you can select Yankee Stadium from a LIRR TVM. Here is proof. Any further arguing on this matter is ridiculous. You are in no position to tell Long Islanders how they should be getting to Yankee Stadium and you are in no position to say that the MTA should not be advertising its services on its own website. What your rich friends from Long Island have told you is not representative of what all people think. I think this entire argument is utterly absurd.

To hopefully put an end to this once and for all:

lze6jTt.jpg

Yes, you can select Yankee Stadium from a LIRR TVM. Here is proof. Any further arguing on this matter is ridiculous. You are in no position to tell Long Islanders how they should be getting to Yankee Stadium and you are in no position to say that the MTA should not be advertising its services on its own website. What your rich friends from Long Island have told you is not representative of what all people think. I think this entire argument is utterly absurd.

LMAO... I guess I struck a nerve in somebody...  :lol:

LMAO... I guess I struck a nerve in somebody...  :lol:

"lol" Not really.   But overall, I'm tired of the nonsense you keep carrying on about in all different threads on this forum.  Perhaps we need a "Via Garibaldi 8 blunders" thread, we'd have a lot to discuss in that one.

Archived