Laying the Smackdown

DJ MC

Time for me to go off and get brutally honest with what happened and many of you aren't going to like this, so deal with it. This will end every debate as to what happened early Friday morning once and for all. 

If it doesn't, I'm going to assume members are clearly not willing to hear facts and that's okay. It's too bad what happened on the chat didn't happen to the ones, who are claiming it's my fault.

See, when a member tries to help a mod, yet gets cursed out for trying to help them, what does that tell you? It tells you someone doesn't know how to talk to people. It also tells you some people don't know how to properly handle a situation like what occurred on this thread. 

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44677-mta-asking-former-tos-to-come-out-of-retirement/  

So what would you do? Continue to let that same mod curse you out or block them from making PMs to you? Realizm blocked Brett after that and everything appeared to be fine right? Wrong.

Someone blocked Realizm's CP for no reason. Gee I wonder who did that? I mean it wasn't the invisible man, it couldn't have been 50 Cent, he's too busy in the candyshop. So Realizm complained about that on the chat and we had a discussion. 

Me and Turbo criticized Brett over the way he handled that situation with Realizm. I mentioned it had to do with a certain user by the name of w8Hou aka Gold 12th. 

Then Brett joined and this is where things took a nose dive into hell. It seems some people can't handle criticism, because after that, Brett went off on us. Bringing up past incidents, that were already dealt with.

Yeah, like you're making a point by bring up stuff that took place over a month ago. Calling us out on things we've done that were already taken care of. He went as far as to call us troublemakers, when there hasn't been any trouble from us for how long now?

Let's see, Realizm just returned, what trouble did he cause in the last week or so he's been here? Zero. I'll say it again in all caps for everyone else to see that, ZERO. Now let me spell it slowly, in all caps so everyone can understand it, Z E R O.

So I asked Brett, why he would bring up things that happened in the past? Turns out you can't even get a decent answer from people anymore, these days. He continued to avoid my question.

You know when you have someone by the.... well I'm not going to go down low today, but you know when people get caught red handed, they will try to avoid the question at all cost.

After asking the question again, Brett kicked me from the chat for no reason. Sadly, that was his biggest mistake. So I posted what happened on the shoutbox, of course I posted too much of it.

Damn I'm an idiot for copying all of that mess onto the shoutbox. I originally wanted to post small bits of it, but it was too late. That was my screw up. So I reported Brett to mods over what happened on the chat and the rest is history as they say. 

What Brett said on the chat was disrespectful, unprofessional, and downright stupid. Don't get mad at us, because a certain someone from Subchat likes to disrespect members around here.

Brett also made that whole situation everyone else's business. So there is no "mind your own business" when you start talking about it on the chat for everyone to see.

You think everyone wasn't going to say or notice anything? If you can't handle criticism from people, don't say anything and walk away. That's how most beefs end by doing just that.

All he had to do was log off the chat and this entire thing would of never had happened. Too hard for some people to do I guess. Some people love to fight and make things even worse for themselves these days.

You may have gotten away with disrespecting and degrading other users (and yes there has been other cases apparently, didn't even know there were other cases), but you won't do it with me pal. 

You want me to respect you? You'll earn the respect from me, not demand it from me. Same goes for every other member on this board, on Subchat, on Facebook, everywhere.

I don't make up lies about situations like this, because I don't have the time nor the patience to do so. I'm a mod too. I'm a mod on a site with a much larger fanbase, so I have bigger responsibilities elsewhere among other things. I already know how to be mod and how to treat members of a site, because I've been mod since 2011.

Not a lot of time, but you learn a lot in three years in that position. You have ups and downs when you're in charge of keeping everyone on those sites in check.

Yes, members have criticized me before as a mod, but I never cursed at them, called them stupid or an idiot, and anything degrading in general. I'm going to continue to be part of this site.

I don't regret what happened yesterday and stand by all my decisions. Anyone that wants me to show them what really happened, I'll PM you what happened. Other members on the chat saved the chat, so they have what happened too. I don't think I need to do that, because by now most are aware of it. Other than that, I'm done talking about this. <Drops the microphone>

Archived