"Full Service" bus companies/transit agencies

Many of us are aware that NJ Transit is one of the only major transit agencies left that still has "full service" lines, where the drivers collect many and give change - along with many of the NJ private lines like DeCamp, Lakeland, Rockland Coaches, etc.  I believe Short Line also does that to an extant.

I'm curious to know if there are any other transit agencies or bus companies that operate like that elsewhere in the country, with the drivers collecting cash fares, ringing them up on a register, and giving change if needed. It seems just about every place else it's "exact fare" only.

Many of us are aware that NJ Transit is one of the only major transit agencies left that still has "full service" lines, where the drivers collect many and give change - along with many of the NJ private lines like DeCamp, Lakeland, Rockland Coaches, etc.  I believe Short Line also does that to an extant.

I'm curious to know if there are any other transit agencies or bus companies that operate like that elsewhere in the country, with the drivers collecting cash fares, ringing them up on a register, and giving change if needed. It seems just about every place else it's "exact fare" only.

I can only think of GO transit in the Toronto area. But then that is being fazed out cause of the Presto card.

Archived