Management Analyst Exams 9613/9614/9718, 9615*9720

Alucard

On 3/20/2022 at 2:27 AM, jchen1652 said:

Can anyone explain how probation for these positions work? Because these are white collar type jobs, is office politics involved with such positions?

JC,

Likely these positions just require one to be on board & doing the assigned work & being on time/schedule for the annual duration. Most all individuals on these Analyst lists have prior work experience in the office type environment, so that likely makes it an easy transition.  

• 3 weeks later...

NYCT has sent out the official Notice of Results for these exams this week, which will have individual eligible list number [can also find at city data]. 

Also, they are presently setting up to do a hiring pool off the list for various TMA positions. Individuals would have been contacted prior to express interest to the positions.

Interviews likely will be in several weeks time. Some position descriptions can be found here [https://new.mta.info/document/79731

*Prior posts have more details on the list/s & number of eligibles & establishment dates. The lists are small, but since many of the individuals on it are likely already in NYCT or at other city agencies, the number of eligibles or interested parties may be significantly less than the full list count.* 

• 1 month later...

I have been in several interviews for the positions of Assistant and Associate Transit Management Analyst three weeks ago. I have not heard anything back from them. Has anyone gotten an offer after the interview? Is the hiring process timely or I am just not chosen?! 

I have been in several interviews for the positions of Assistant and Associate Transit Management Analyst three weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone gotten an offer from the interview?  Is the hiring process timely or I am just not chosen?! 

I interviewed for the Operations Training position from Exam 7606 at the trainee level. I would assume I wasn't chosen because I knew that I did horrible during the interview. After the interview, I haven't had any sort of communication back. 

7 hours ago, Edgar1980 said:

I have been in several interviews for the positions of Assistant and Associate Transit Management Analyst three weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone gotten an offer from the interview?  Is the hiring process timely or I am just not chosen?! 

Think it's important to realize that the process is not rapid, it's something that requires patience & has so many layers.

fc2.jpg

Getting to the point of interview is an astonishing feat in itself. If selected by the groups you interviewed with, it's HR that will reach out to you.

Which then begins the next steps in the winding road. If you don't hear back then likely they selected another from the pool. You probably could

reach out to those that interviewed you at a time duration & ask if you were selected from the interview and forwarded onto HR. Long Process, Just

got to stick with it & hope for the best. Those two lists you mentioned have a very low eligible candidate pool, which is likely even lower due to

those already there or in other city positions...Good Luck.. 

Out of curiosity, were you interviewing for positions under Assistant or under Associate, as these are two independent titles.

7 hours ago, jchen1652 said:

I interviewed for the Operations Training position from Exam 7606 at the trainee level. I would assume I wasn't chosen because I knew that I did horrible during the interview. After the interview, I haven't had any sort of communication back. 

This I take it was the Analyst Trainee 7606 Exam from 2017, which is 6 months away from expiry. How long ago was it that you interviewed? It seemed like that list got established, then there was the internal hiring freeze and then later bad boy covid came through. To my knowledge no one got hired off that list. They had some initial in house hiring pools, but don't think anything came of the list. There were a few certifications early on as per the board here: https://www.nyctransitforums.com/topic/50364-transit-management-analyst-trainee-exam-7606/ All interviews are horrible until they net a positive result :), so no worries there. Hang with it. Good Luck//

12 hours ago, Alucard said:

Think it's important to realize that the process is not rapid, it's something that requires patience & has so many layers.

fc2.jpg

Getting to the point of interview is an astonishing feat in itself. If selected by the groups you interviewed with, it's HR that will reach out to you.

Which then begins the next steps in the winding road. If you don't hear back then likely they selected another from the pool. You probably could

reach out to those that interviewed you at a time duration & ask if you were selected from the interview and forwarded onto HR. Long Process, Just

got to stick with it & hope for the best. Those two lists you mentioned have a very low eligible candidate pool, which is likely even lower due to

those already there or in other city positions...Good Luck.. 

Out of curiosity, were you interviewing for positions under Assistant or under Associate, as these are two independent titles.

I took both exams, I am list #16 on he Assistant list and list #22 on the Associate list. 

43 minutes ago, Edgar1980 said:

I took both exams, I am list #16 on he Assistant list and list #22 on the Associate list. 

So when you interviewed, did they specify of which exam/list they were pooling you from? Seems like with the either or scenario, it leaves it to their designation as to which title to give to a candidate. With the Associate one, I take it you have transit/transportation prior experience, as they had eliminated many who took the exam & passed who didn't have that 1 year of transit experience *unfortunate, weird rule, as at any point from test to establishment, individuals could have attained that 1 year of experience. Also feel anyone that snuck through without the 1 year, and ended up on the list may get issues to clear pre-hire background for Associate *.

Your list numbers are so low that essentially it's just a matter of time before you'll get an appointment. There are only so few candidates in the pools & some likely are already in NYCT or city.

There is a big separation in pay between the two titles, so it'll be an interesting thought experiment to think if one is offered the Assistant title vs the Associate. I would think & wonder if taking one staggers the possibility of the other. All these positions have a 1 year probationary period, so it's something to think about.  Ideally they pull you off the Associate list. Good Luck, please keep the board posted on any progress. 

45 minutes ago, Edgar1980 said:

• 8 months later...

9613, Assistant Transit Management Analyst, 101 ELIGIBLE, 75 Vacancies 03/09-04/11 Salary now: $61,246 $62,471

9614, Associate Transit Management Analyst, 72 ELIGIBLE, 65 Vacancies 03/02-04/04. Salary now: $80,386 $81,994

Did any of you Analysts out there on these two exam lists get appointed off the hiring pools they conducted in March/April of 2022?

Seems these lists have been neglected by NYCT, and they've chosen at times to hire off list, unfortunate! These small lists should have been exhausted, but likely not many were appointed yet, there are MANY Analyst opening on the mta job boards [https://www.mymta.info/careers/index.html] if you are on these lists, apply if you're interested & state on your resume you are on the list/s. While DCAS has not certified a list since around March of 2022, all eligible test passers can apply to these open title positions on the site, just ensure you state at the end or in your resume you are on the "Eligible List for Exam xxxx, TMA" If you apply, you are given at least 2nd priority line, first likely internal candidates, then second, eligibles on the exam list. Apply to any of the analyst positions you see on the site if you are on these lists!!