Help with identifying retired trains in music video

MisterSG1

Forgive me if I've posted this topic in the wrong area.

Hello, I know this is going to sound odd, but can someone help me identify the retired subway cars in the music video for "Weird" by Hanson? Yes, that Hanson, I don't care what you say, I've always liked this music video for prominently featuring the subway, as well as some elements from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

https://youtu.be/32nlxQOe3tw

I know that the "establishing shots" if you want to call them that are from West 4th, but what are the train interiors seen in this video?

At 1:26 in the "twins" car, is this the R7?

Similarly, at 2:03, in the car with the "suits", what model is this?

And finally at 2:36, this water car that's superimposed, that's the R11/R34, the train that didn't see any service. I was never sure of it, I went to the transit museum years ago and saw it, but what actually is the story behind it. Did it actually run revenue service ever?

And there you have it, I do feel a bit embarrassed to ask this about this song. Nevertheless, a fun fact about that song, Desmond Child, the songwriter said that was his favorite song he ever wrote, the same guy who wrote some big hits for Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, KISS, Joan Jett, and even Ricky Martin.

The car in the video is R7A 1575. The first interior shot at around 0:06 is from the R10, but the door looks like it comes from a R16. When you pause at 0:41, you can see the number 1575 above the emergency brake and the poster. 1:26 and 2:03 looks like the same car.

1575 was involved in a wreck in 1946. It was then overhauled into a R10 prototype (which is why the inside looks like a R10 with a round window).

So 1575 has a round door on one end and a "square door" at the other then? In the scene with the "twins" at 1:35, you can see a square door rather than a round one.

Why I wasn't sure if it was an R7A was the floor, in Hanson's video, the floor looks to be a maroon type color while the actual car is blue, as the car number matches up obviously it's the same car, but do the interior of the cars at the museum get painted or something? Forgive me, I'm an out of towner.

6 minutes ago, MisterSG1 said:

So 1575 has a round door on one end and a "square door" at the other then? In the scene with the "twins" at 1:35, you can see a square door rather than a round one.

Why I wasn't sure if it was an R7A was the floor, in Hanson's video, the floor looks to be a maroon type color while the actual car is blue, as the car number matches up obviously it's the same car, but do the interior of the cars at the museum get painted or something? Forgive me, I'm an out of towner.

The 2 door types tripped me up to, because I hadn't realized it had 2 types.

Yeah, the trains get painted every once in a while.

Okay, let's step back to the beginning. is the subway car filled with the men in suits the same subway car as those with the "punks" and twins?

The round door is only seen in shots that involve the subway car with the men in suits which occur at 0:06, which of course the men in suits appear again at 2:03.

The fact that I don't believe we see a round door in the shot where you clearly see the "1575" at 0:41 makes me believe that the subway car seen at 0:41 and 1:26 is different from the ones in the other bits above. 0:41 and 1:26 feature the punks/twins rather than the men in suits.

Lastly, about the water scene, that's the R11/R34 is it not? Am I right there at least?

2 hours ago, MisterSG1 said:

Okay, let's step back to the beginning. is the subway car filled with the men in suits the same subway car as those with the "punks" and twins?

The round door is only seen in shots that involve the subway car with the men in suits which occur at 0:06, which of course the men in suits appear again at 2:03.

The fact that I don't believe we see a round door in the shot where you clearly see the "1575" at 0:41 makes me believe that the subway car seen at 0:41 and 1:26 is different from the ones in the other bits above. 0:41 and 1:26 feature the punks/twins rather than the men in suits.

Lastly, about the water scene, that's the R11/R34 is it not? Am I right there at least?

So I know where I made a mistake. 1575 has regular square-window doors. The car after it is the R11 with the round-window door.

At 0:06, 1575's regular door is open, but the R11 is closed, which gives the illusion that the round-window door is 1575's.

At 1:26, they're changing between cars. The blue interior of the car in the background belongs to the R11, and they are entering 1575.

The R11 is indeed the car in the water scene.