Mta classes or outside CDL classes

Enyceots

45 minutes ago, Enyceots said:

I’m starting my training next week… But my CDL road test is the same week…. Any advice on how I should go about it?

I would cancel that road test zerega (mta) would schedule a road test for you once you qualified in the 10 day training 

6 minutes ago, Santana04 said:

I would cancel that road test zerega (mta) would schedule a road test for you once you qualified in the 10 day training 

It’s looking that way…. Do you know if the tests are similar, whether doing it with an outside company or MTA?

On 2/4/2022 at 8:30 PM, Enyceots said:

True…  how are the classes after getting your CDL with the MTA?

With MTA you'll do the road test on a specifically designed route out of Eastchester depot. Because most of the buses are out during the day the depot grounds are also used for the skills test training for those with permits that qualify during initial training. Depending on how quickly you qualify you will generally get about a few days to a week to brush up on any maneuvers involving  the bus (parallel parking/offset backing/pre-trip inspection) before your road test date that gets scheduled for you once you show proof of the fee being paid. You can practice as many times as you need each of the things you'll have to demonstrate to the DMV official who will administer your skills/road test. It beats paying for lessons at a driving school since you'll be spending 8 hours each day at ECH for training up until your road test. Make the best of it. 

2 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

With MTA you'll do the road test on a specifically designed route out of Eastchester depot. Because most of the buses are out during the day the depot grounds are also used for the skills test training for those with permits that qualify during initial training. Depending on how quickly you qualify you will generally get about a few days to a week to brush up on any maneuvers involving  the bus (parallel parking/offset backing/pre-trip inspection) before your road test date that gets scheduled for you once you show proof of the fee being paid. You can practice as many times as you need each of the things you'll have to demonstrate to the DMV official who will administer your skills/road test. It beats paying for lessons at a driving school since you'll be spending 8 hours each day at ECH for training up until your road test. Make the best of it. 

Thank you very much for this info! I sure will make the best of it!