Beyond Speed Limits

6 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

I can agree on this. The more slower, the worst it's going to become. We see buses going slow due to strict speed limits, and that is how the system is slow. If you want better service, increase the speed limit, and be very careful.

44 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

I can agree on this. The more slower, the worst it's going to become. We see buses going slow due to strict speed limits, and that is how the system is slow. If you want better service, increase the speed limit, and be very careful.

They just should have left the speed limits the way it was before Vision Zero. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

With the announcement that NYC is going to decrease the speed limit to 20MPH, I am very disappointed in that result. That means more slow surface transportation, encouraging many riders to ride the subway. Ever since crime in the subway was rampant in 2023, I chose to ride the bus. But now, it's going to get more slower due to the law, if NYC gets control of the state budget, affecting transit.

Sometimes I feel that politics are out of wack, and that most politicians doesn't give a damn about transit. Stop decreasing the speed limit, and leave it as it is!

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/04/18/n-y-state-budget-to-allow-nyc-to-lower-speed-limits-in-win-for-street-safety-advocates/

Edited by RSMG106

3 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

With the announcement that NYC is going to decrease the speed limit to 20MPH, I am very disappointed in that result. That means more slow surface transportation, encouraging many riders to ride the subway. Ever since crime in the subway was rampant in 2023, I chose to ride the bus. But now, it's going to get more slower due to the law, if NYC gets control of the state budget, affecting transit.

Sometimes I feel that politics are out of wack, and that most politicians doesn't give a damn about transit. Stop decreasing the speed limit, and leave it as it is!

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/04/18/n-y-state-budget-to-allow-nyc-to-lower-speed-limits-in-win-for-street-safety-advocates/

Slower bus service and longer waits for buses are conveniently omitted from the discussion. 

28 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Slower bus service and longer waits for buses are conveniently omitted from the discussion. 

Besides that, if anyone that are driving their own vehicles, then they will face longer destination times (examples include work, and important things). They will have to arrive a little more earlier than before.