MTA assistant conductor test question

reed7325

For those who got this job and made it through training. How was the commute from station to station? is it true that they'll call you at anytime of the day and just expect you to be at whatever station at the time given? I have a test next week and I'm unsure if it's even worth it to pursue this as I do no drive at the moment. lol I passed the cleaner test a couple weeks ago so I basically have two shots at getting in.

If you are hanging, then yes they will call you and give you a 3 hour time window to report (4hr if a report to Speonk.)  Both jobs are good secure jobs, just depends on what you want to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people don't drive and somehow do it, it helps if you live out west ie. somewhere in the 5 Boros as it's most likely you'll be working out there anyway. But it is never a guarantee. You can get called out to anywhere on the island. Sometimes you'll have to get creative and call an uber from a nearby station, other times you can get lucky and catch a non-revenue train to where you need to go.