MTA Interview Process; I'm pretty sure I've been ghosted

srs

I applied and was called immediately to interview for a role within MTA procurment that my nyc gov expierence fit almost perfectly for. It was a union role that was non titled. 

I did 2 interviews and I believe they went well. Before the 2nd interview HR told me I was a finalist and they would be contacting my references.....that was 6 weeks ago and it's been radio silence since.

I followed up with the HR person who I've originally been communicating with to ask if they've made a final decision regarding the role and I never heard a response back. The role I interviewed for has a 2 month background check. I also followed up with my references to ask if anyone had reached out to them and they said no.

I feel like Ive been ghosted. It's really weird because the role was reposted on the MTA job board but my application still says in progress. I know for budget and hiring positions aren't taken down til bodies are warming chairs but this has just need a very odd process.

Does anyone have insight into the hiring process? 

On 4/24/2024 at 11:31 PM, srs said:

I applied and was called immediately to interview for a role within MTA procurment that my nyc gov expierence fit almost perfectly for. It was a union role that was non titled. 

I did 2 interviews and I believe they went well. Before the 2nd interview HR told me I was a finalist and they would be contacting my references.....that was 6 weeks ago and it's been radio silence since.

I followed up with the HR person who I've originally been communicating with to ask if they've made a final decision regarding the role and I never heard a response back. The role I interviewed for has a 2 month background check. I also followed up with my references to ask if anyone had reached out to them and they said no.

I feel like Ive been ghosted. It's really weird because the role was reposted on the MTA job board but my application still says in progress. I know for budget and hiring positions aren't taken down til bodies are warming chairs but this has just need a very odd process.

Does anyone have insight into the hiring process? 

End to end it can take 6 to 8 months to complete the hiring process. From "conditional offer" to start date can take 3 months. Background & Investigations can take 2 months. HR is many times inclined to not be in contact with candidates if there's nothing to report to them about. If you are "in process" you are at the point of awaiting a "conditional offer", if it comes the process continues if it doesn't then you didn't land the gig. Nothing on the portal interms of "status" is relevant. What you are awaiting is a possibility of an offer. The hiring process is long, tedious, drawn out & at times without communication. So while you may think they have abandoned you, they may return back when you are next up for action. Stay patient & don't think it happens it any time efficiency. 

58 minutes ago, Alucard said:

End to end it can take 6 to 8 months to complete the hiring process. From "conditional offer" to start date can take 3 months. Background & Investigations can take 2 months. HR is many times inclined to not be in contact with candidates if there's nothing to report to them about. If you are "in process" you are at the point of awaiting a "conditional offer", if it comes the process continues if it doesn't then you didn't land the gig. Nothing on the portal interms of "status" is relevant. What you are awaiting is a possibility of an offer. The hiring process is long, tedious, drawn out & at times without communication. So while you may think they have abandoned you, they may return back when you are next up for action. Stay patient & don't think it happens it any time efficiency. 

Alu, which MTA division do you work for?