Rule 4.7.1

So i was a bus operator back in 2015 resigned in 2016 no termination I have proof that I was not terminated , Ok so I have taken several exams I also have taken several drug test but have not been moved up to take a medical then I sent several emails to MTA then I get a email stating that exam 0100 I was not chosen because of this 4.7.1 rule now i have concerns because I up in june to take the train operator exam I really hope that this rule wont stop me from becoming a train operator I have sent a few emails questioning this but still no responce has anyone gone thru this and is there a way to get this rule ripped away from your name ...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jranderson65 said:

So i was a bus operator back in 2015 resigned in 2016 no termination I have proof that I was not terminated , Ok so I have taken several exams I also have taken several drug test but have not been moved up to take a medical then I sent several emails to MTA then I get a email stating that exam 0100 I was not chosen because of this 4.7.1 rule now i have concerns because I up in june to take the train operator exam I really hope that this rule wont stop me from becoming a train operator I have sent a few emails questioning this but still no responce has anyone gone thru this and is there a way to get this rule ripped away from your name ...

Offhand, were you a Bus Operator for NYC Transit (TA), MaBSTOA (OA), or MTA Bus Company (BC)?

Edited by +Young+

4 minutes ago, jranderson65 said:

I was NYC transit .

3 minutes ago, jranderson65 said:

NYCTA 

Got it. So if that is the case, then you can only be re-hired as a Bus Operator for NYC Transit, which, as you know, is based off of a Civil Service List. I believe Exam # 0100 was for either MaBSTOA or MTA Bus Company, which is why you were hit with the 4.7.1 rule.

As far as the Train Operator position is concerned, I hate to admit this, however, it's only going to be a waste of your time. They will still hit you with the 4.7.1 rule since you're only allowed to be re-hired a Bus Operator for NYC Transit and no other position.

Don't worry though, you're not the only one with this problem. As soon as I realized that I was personally getting "scammed" with the 4.7.1 rule, I cried for at least a week before somebody told me to move on with my life.

Sorry...

ok so they not rehiring me due to this  471 rule how can you challenge this and just how can this affect me when i pass the train operator test like this make no sence I have contacted a civil service lawyer and just waiting for their responce

1 hour ago, jranderson65 said:

ok so they not rehiring me due to this  471 rule how can you challenge this and just how can this affect me when i pass the train operator test like this make no sence I have contacted a civil service lawyer and just waiting for their response

I agree as far as this making no sense and I have been unsuccessful in challenging this. As far as the Train Operator exam, if you do well enough, and when they reach your list number, when you disclose on your pre-employment paperwork that you were a former employee of NYC Transit, they will simply not hire you and send you a "1-in-3" letter, which contains the 4.7.1 rule. 

I also sent you a Private Message (PM) as well. Therefore, if you can please send me a reply when you get a chance, I would truly appreciate it.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:26 PM, jranderson65 said:

How How can I join the pm ?

On the top right hand side of the screen, you should see a "bubble" icon. When you put your cursor over it, the word "Messages" should show up in a black box right underneath it. Click on it, and click on the subject of the message, which will appear in a blue color. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 10:20 AM, +Young+ said:

On the top right hand side of the screen, you should see a "bubble" icon. When you put your cursor over it, the word "Messages" should show up in a black box right underneath it. Click on it, and click on the subject of the message, which will appear in a blue color. 

so I did as you said but its not happening please feel free to hit me with am email ok ,    ******@gmail.com 

Edited by +Young+
Edited out e-mail address for privacy reasons

On 5/8/2024 at 1:49 PM, jranderson65 said:

ok so they not rehiring me due to this  471 rule how can you challenge this and just how can this affect me when i pass the train operator test like this make no sence I have contacted a civil service lawyer and just waiting for their responce

Your best bet would be to hire a civil service lawyer to scare them, but that would be a very chaotic process to go through. 

On 5/11/2024 at 10:32 AM, jranderson65 said:

so I did as you said but its not happening please feel free to hit me with am email ok ,    ******@gmail.com 

In addition to editing out your email address for privacy reasons, I just sent you a message from my personal Yahoo address. If you can send me a reply when you get a chance, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

On 5/11/2024 at 4:27 PM, jranderson65 said:

Ok bruh but what were you gonna say

It’s good you’re hiring a civil service lawyer to try to help you get a job with MTA because sometimes things don’t make sense and they end up screwing others over. The worse part about this is when the  MTA employees/workers don’t admit there is something wrong with the organization and they try to hide it and pretend everything is fine. It’s too obvious now. And you know how I feel about liars… I don’t like liars.

Civil attorneys cost unless I find one that hates MTA I’m still looking they just sent me another invite for that last open house they had saying that there’s no exam and also when I went there two weeks ago I spoke with a supervisor that said she looked into my case and moving forward I would be acceptable to return