interview for assistant conductor question

budsthe4

hey everyone. i have an interview to be an assistant conductor for metro north. i was called for an interview, but does this position require an exam before the interview?

i know if hired, i will have training, etc. but i did not take an exam for this position. i DID take an exam a few months ago for a different position and they never called me for that position. once i was notified that i passed that exam, they said they were going to do a background check, then call me.

--they didn't call me for that position, but they did call me for an interview for an assistant conductor which i applied for recently. do they conduct a background check, and if you pass the check, then you get called for an interview? thanks

I interviewed for that same position except it was for the LIRR. I don't know if it the same procedure but I tell you what I went through. If this is the first call for this position you will be taking a test with other candidates and watching a video. The test will consist of basic math questions you have to answer in certain amount of time. Then when you are finished you interview with someone who reviews your resume and your application. Their is background check and credit check. Dress professional. Goodluck man

Archived