Block Ticket?

UlmerPark B6

I was issued this "Block Ticket" because there was a emergency on the tracks between sheepshead bay. It says "This ticket is issued because of a block in subway service. It will be accepted for one fare at all subway statons and on all NYCTA, MABSTOA, and MTA Bus Company buses within 48 hours after issue. It carrires the same privileges as a cash fare". What the hell is this?

They probably issue them due to something coming up that wasn't scheduled and screws up service so that people don't get angry over losing their fare.

Yeah, like if there is a massive train delay and if there is supplementary bus service, they could do that.

That is what happened to me in May when there was an issue on the (L). I had to take the M14 to Union and ride the (4).

(That was the day when I had to walk from the Metropolitan Museum to Chinatown, my home; because I used up all of my rides and found out that the Museum was closed on Mondays)

Yeah, like if there is a massive train delay and if there is supplementary bus service, they could do that.

That is what happened to me in May when there was an issue on the (L). I had to take the M14 to Union and ride the (4).

(That was the day when I had to walk from the Metropolitan Museum to Chinatown, my home; because I used up all of my rides and found out that the Museum was closed on Mondays)

LOL, that is sad! :)

LOL, that is sad! :)

The walk wasn't bad.. it just that I had to walk under trees in the dead of spring and I had allergies, so I had to sneeze my way home beginning near 42nd Street.

The M1 was no-show when I got out of the "closed" Met. It is the only bus that I know of that takes me from the Met to Chinatown. So I decided to walk. :P

They are issued when there is some sort of emergency change in subway service that requires you to leave the system.

Ex: I was on a Brooklyn-bound (2) train that got stuck just past 34 St due to major signal problems. After waiting for nearly 30 minutes, they had to back the train back into the 34th Street station. Folks were told to take the (A)(C)(E) across Penn Station. However, everyone needed a block ticket, since they had to exit the system to make the transfer.

Archived